Subject: Re: IEEE 1394 in 3.0?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/2006 21:49:51
In article <200607041921.k64JLUbH021187@guild.plethora.net>,
Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> wrote:
>In message <e8ee56$9ga$1@sea.gmane.org>, Christos Zoulas writes:
>>You should use current for 1394 me thinks.
>
>Is -current stable enough for production systems?  I have normally avoided
>using it on systems that people who don't run it regularly on everything
>are going to be using.

I've been forced in the past to use current in production because I needed
features that only existed in current at the time. The short answer is that
I tested it, and if it worked for me, I used it. For example, this has been
running for a while:

NetBSD 1.6J (GENERIC) #122: Fri Oct 25 11:27:27 EDT 2002
5:49PM  up 468 days, 22:53, 3 users, load averages: 0.30, 0.18, 0.11

(there was a power outage in NYC)

YMMV.

christos