Subject: Re: Booting an extended partition using NetBSD
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2006 18:29:16
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 06:48:28AM +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> I tried this. And it worked! :)) I knew it would work the moment I
> added a name and fdisk said its going to update the MBR with the
> mbr_ext code. So far it hadn't done that, and I found that strange.
> After it worked, I deleted the bootmenu entry, and things still work.
> Great! :)

In which case the problem all along was that you didn't have the mbr_ext
code loaded.  I did think that fdisk would try very hard to get you
to update the bootcode whenever it has to add a bootmenu item.

Sector 0 was the one sector I didn't ask you to dump out :-(

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk