Subject: Re: Booting an extended partition using NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2006 07:13:19
> Try 'fdisk -u wd0', then edit the relevant partition entry (the defaults
> will be correct) and add a 'bootmenu' string.
>
> fdisk might decide it needs to update the boot code (with mbr_lba) if that
> code isn't already present.
>
> Also note that the menu string for the extended partition is held in the
> 'mbr' sector for that partition, and may get deleted by other versions
> of fdisk.

I think there was something wrong with my partition table. Coz I made
another logical partition, and then I was able to add a bootmenu entry
for the linux partition. However, it still does not appear in my boot
time options -- very strange.

When does it happen that fdisk shows a bootmenu entry but that entry
does not show up in the bootloader menu while booting?

Rakhesh

--
	NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
	http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)