Subject: Booting an extended partition using NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2006 20:59:27
Hi,

I have NetBSD's bootloader in my MBR. Yesterday I installed Linux and
its bootloader GRUB on an extended partition (logical partition,
rather). How can I tell the NetBSD bootloader to chainload GRUB for me
so that it boots Linux?

When I wanted to add an entry for my Windows partition (primary), I
just did an "fdisk -u -1" and there was an option for the bootmenu
where I could enter a name for the entry; and upon reboot I got the
option to press 1 and boot into Windows. I was hoping something
similar would popup if I did "fdisk -u -E2" (E2 being the partition
where I have Linux installed). However, fdisk didn't give me any
option to specify the bootmenu entry. I even tried the "-s" flag, as
mentioned by the manpage, but that too didn't help.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
	NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
	http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)