Subject: RE: telnet crisis (Was: Re: help please mail crisis !!!)
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Jason Mitchell <jmitchel@bigjar.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/30/2006 18:13:29
If you're seeing "telnetd: Authorization failed." then the short answer is
to edit inetd.conf and remove the "-a valid" after telnetd. I believe "-a
valid" turns on an authorization feature (SRA?) that the telnet NetBSD 3.0
client can provide, but that other clients (NetBSD 1.6, PuTTY on a Redmond
OS, etc.) can't.

I haven't read much about SRA, but I had to turn it off on my new 3.0
machine. It is strange that your inetd.conf got overwritten.

Jason M.