Subject: help please mail crisis !!!
To: <>
From: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/30/2006 17:39:25
Hi Guys,

i've upgraded a critical machine from 1.6.2 to 3.0 .

It's quite beautiful but it REFUSES to accept incoming
mail!!!!!!!!!!!!

why default install is like this i don't know but it's causing
serious problems.

su# ps |grep sendmail
root 1487  0.0  0.2  1124  2112 ?     Ss    4:36PM  0:00.11 sendmail: accepting connections

sendmail is running and SAYS accepting connections.

But it won't and the mail is queuing up on the companies mail server.

Please how do I turn off this unwanted security?

what doco tells me how to do it if you can't tell me easily?

please email

paul500@fastmail.fm

as obviously i can't get MAIL except through the web.

many thanks,

Paul.

PS telnet is also refusing connections despite   !  :
su# grep telnet inetd.conf
telnet          stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd -a valid
#telnet         stream  tcp6    nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd -a valid

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology

"In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates ?"