Subject: Re: ne0 not configured
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/15/2006 09:15:54
On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 08:47:56PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> Do we need dhclient for pppoe?  I'm asking since I, too, can't
> get pppoe working with my new provider.  The documentation did not
> indicate that dhclient was necessary.

No, I can't think of any situation where you would run dhcpclient
on a pppoe interface.

> All I got from my provider was an ID, password and IP addresses
> of primary and secondary name servers.

That should be all you need - what are the exact symptoms you see?
Is there anything in /var/log/message or on the console?
Can you mail me (with username/password whiped out, or course) the output of

  pppoectl pppoe0

and

  pppoectl -d pppoe0

please?