Subject: Re: buildfloppies.sh: Image is 3387 bytes (3 KB) too big to fit on
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2006 00:36:40
On Mon, 8 May 2006, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On May 8, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
>> The CDROMs -- likely the most popular install media -- are the problem. The
>> El Torrito emulation section must be no more than 2880kb, and that's what's
>> overfilling now (ramdisk-big).
>
> What about hard drive emulation that El Torrito also supports?

Whoo Hoo! It works! I made an 11MB ffs image, did "fdisk" (no
disklabel), did "installboot", copied in "/boot" and "/netbsd.gz", and
installed it into the CDROM the usual way, adding "-hard-disk-boot" to
${MKISOFS_OPTION}. "ls" from the bootloader works, and "boot
hd0e:netbsd.gz" boots into the installer.

I used a "vnd". I'll have to look at how to do it the new way.

Seems like the way to go?

Frederick