Subject: Re: ERR_NOOS in stand/mbr/mbr.S
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/2006 10:01:10
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:06:03 -0400 (EDT), "Brian A. Seklecki"
> <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
>

>> The catch here is that this what it looks like as a vnd(4).  When I write
>> image it looks different on the destination media.  vnd(4) also shows a
>> different virtual disk geoemtry than wd(4):
>>

> I had similar problems trying to build a CF image for my Soekris, as
> opposed to doing an over-the-net installation.  I eventually gave up.  My
> tentative conclusion is that it was a geometry issue.

What we need is that nice OpenBSD fdisk(8) functionality that automaticlly
generates a proper MBR using that "reload" command.

I'm gonna try what Gray Watson did with the interactive fdisk(8) stuff.

What I really want to know is what am I doing differently than sysinst?!
>:}

1) dd(1) /dev/zero
2) fdisk -i
3) disklabel
4) installboot

~BAS

> 		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

l8*
 	-lava

x.25 - minix - bitnet - plan9 - 110 bps - ASR 33 - base8