Subject: 3.0 upgrade failed
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2006 14:01:08
Hello,

I tried upgrading my existing 2.0_Beta to 3.0, and my system won't boot
here's what I did:
- I chose upgrade NetBSD on a hard disk.
- After doing that, I get a message saying "No /etc/fstab in target disk
wd0.  Aborting upgrade."  The install continues, though.
- I used existing bootblocks.
- After doing the install, I get the following message: "The completed new
root file system failed a basic sanity check.  Are you sure you installed
all the required sets?"
- After rebooting and chosing the NetBSD install, I get the following:
NetBSD/i386 ffsv1 primary bootstap.
Boot failed (errno 2): Can't open /boot
Non-system or disk error replace and strike any key when ready.

I've done this twice, but with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Yasir