Subject: Re: replacing the default mta (sendmail/postfix)
To: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2006 06:39:00
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 11:28:23AM +0200, sp4rc wrote:
> Hello list-members,
>
> i would like to install postfix from pkgsrc with tls support enabled. I
> have seen that the original postfix bin resides in /usr/sbin/. My
> question is how am I able to cleanly replace the one per default
> installed with my compilation. Is there a way to cleanly remove sendmail
> and postfix? Otherwise this will end up in chaos...
>
> --
> /sp4rc

My guess is that you don't need to remove sendmail and postfix.

read mailer.conf(5)
back up /etc/mailer.conf
copy LOCALBASE/share/examples/postfix/mailer.conf to /etc
edit postfix configuration files in PKG_SYSCONFDIR
edit your shell profile
  put LOCALBASE/bin,sbin before /usr/bin,sbin in PATH
see pkgsrc/mail/postfix/MESSAGE.NetBSD

If you do need to remove sendmail and postfix, you will need the NetBSD
sources.  This assumes you are using NetBSD 3.0.

$ srcdir=/usr/src
$ files=$(find $srcdir/distrib/sets/lists -type f -printx |\
  xargs grep -e sendmail -e postfix | cut -d : -f 2 | cut -f 1)
$ echo "$a" | cksum
3290215032 21587
$ cd / && rm $files