Subject: Re: hardware SATA raid advice
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/2006 11:54:48
In message <20060330191049.GA1902@antioche.eu.org>Manuel Bouyer writes

>> Can you email me a pointer? Whatever these changes are, they're not in
>> amr(4), and my (very quick) scan of source-changes from March 2006
>> didn't find them.

>You did commit this, didn't you ? :)

Yes I did commit the cited changes, but the claim was:

  johnrshannon> LSI has some newer devices for which support was very recently added to
  johnrshannon> CURRENT; I have no experience with them.

whereas my changes were committed in early December 2005 and were, in
fact, pulled up to NetBSD-3.0 prior to its release (which is
not-unconnected to why I suggested the Megaraid 300-8x in my offlist email.)

... I guess John and I have a mild difference of opinion on what
counts as "very recent" :-).