Subject: Re: USB card readers?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/2006 09:02:08
Thanks to everyone for the quick response!

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:41:55 -0800, Brian Buhrow writes:
>	What version of NetBSD are you running?  The "No buffer space

Sorry, I should have mentioned.  Most of the machines here are running 2.0
(and have uptimes of 400+ days ;-)
I've a 3.99.9 box at work to experiment with, and I can build a 2.0.x
for the box in question.

>smaller than the umass driver needs to do its thing.  However, NetBSD 3.0
>and 2.1, as well as 2.0.2, I think that's right, have patches to work
>around this annoyance.  Alternatively, rebooting your box with the reader

I can do that too, but based on the probe output you have below it may not
help.

>umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
>umass0: ICSI USB2.0 Card Reader, rev 2.00/1.6e, addr 2
>umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
>scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 4 luns per target

I don't think the GENERIC kernel includes scsibus* at umass?
So I'll probably need a custom kernel - might as well make it 2.0.x

Thanks again (everyone) for all the input
--sjg