Subject: 802.11b and 802.11g PCI-based cards
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Nystr=F6m?= <miny3945@comhem.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/2006 11:22:01
Hi,
I've been asked to build a small PC which is going to connect to a
wireless LAN. I've never used NetBSD on a wireless network, so I'm
looking for help on choosing the right PCI-card. I've found D-Link
DWL-G520 which seems to be supported by the ath(4) driver. The A.1
revision uses a different chip according to the manual, so I have to
confirm this before I buy one. I'm not looking for top performance, just a
card/driver that supports 802.11b and 802.11g and is reasonably stable.
The network load is most likely going to be very small, so would
this be a good choise?

I'm also considering using a fanless Via Epia board, are there any
problems that I could encounter using a setup of this kind?

Thanks!

/Mikael