Subject: Re: Adding Multiboot support (or not)
To: Nick Hudson <nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/2006 11:38:13
On Feb 13, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Nick Hudson wrote:

> On Sunday 12 February 2006 04:38, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>> On Feb 11, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
>>> In my case it won't, unless I add an explicit statement for .rodata:
>>
>> Right, this is a bug in ld(1).
>
> Does this fix it?

That certainly looks like it could help, but it would not help
platforms that might, for one reason or another, skip .rodata and put
that stuff into .text (maybe they need to objcopy to a.out, for
example)... I have an email from Nick asking me to look over some of
the not-merged-in changes to the ld update... most of those were
related to this issue.

-- thorpej