Subject: Re: Well-supported onboard video A64 mobo?
To: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/2006 14:41:38
In message <20060210222941.GA2174@babymeat.com>Tom Spindler writes
>> Now if you can tell me where to find single-sided, unbuffered 1Gibyte
>> DDR400 (PC3200), *with ECC*, that'd be a useful response,
>> because I'd like to buy several.
>
>http://www.memoryx.net/xdg1024.html ? (Just down the road in San Jose.)

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I read the spec, these look
awfully like the Kingston ValueRam (or infineon &c equivalent), the
same DIMMS which recent-ish socket939 BIOSes downgrade to DDR333.

There's a line about 2/3rds of the way down the URL which says

    # 1GB PC3200 CL3 18-chip 64x8 ECC DDR400 DIMM.

The "18-chip" is a dead give-away that these DIMMS are double-sided,
9 chips per side.