Subject: Re: Pentium M 760 speedstep support?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/09/2006 20:33:26
nludban@columbus.rr.com (Neil Ludban) writes:

>NetBSD 3.0_RC5 booting on a new ThinkPad T43p says this:

>cpu0: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz"
>cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep running at 1500 MHz (1356 mV)

>Does anybody have a patch to support SpeedStep for this processor?
>Or, current pointers to docs so I can create my own?  The links in
>est.c are stale, so far I haven't found anything that has obvious
>tables or instructions for calculating the right values :(

There are no official tables, Intel just gives two values. See

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/mobile/pm/sb/CS-007981.htm

Everything else is only supported by ACPI, either by interpreting the
ACPI tables yourself or by asking ACPI to set different performance
states. Neither is _currently_ supported by NetBSD.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de