Subject: Re: Well-supported onboard video A64 mobo?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Petar Bogdanovic <p.netbsd@2005.smokva.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/2006 21:56:50
Jonathan Stone wrote:
> 2. Single-core CPU only. I expect you'll have insurmountable problems
> (lost interrupts, hangs requiring hard powercycle) if you try to use a
> dual-core CPU with nForce4 and NetBSD.

Now I'm a little bit confused. A few months ago, I was very certain,
that the S2865 is Athlon & Athlon X2 (dual-core) -ready. Now I read on
the Tyan-page, that S2865 is only designed for single-core Opterons.

However, there is the S2866, which seems to be that what I am looking for.

Alan: AFAIR my last 'Tyan-search' on mail-index, I found more than just
this thread. Maybe no recommendations but a lot of Tyan-praising..