Subject: Re: Well-supported onboard video A64 mobo?
To: Petar Bogdanovic <p.netbsd@2005.smokva.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/2006 11:18:26
In message <43E8776E.7090205@2005.smokva.net>Petar Bogdanovic writes
>You maybe want to take a look in mail-index.netbsd.org for "Tyan".
>
>Alan Post wrote:
>> Anyone have recommendations for a well-supported A64 motherboard with
>> onboard video?  I assume that NForce4 boards like the "MSI K8NGM2-FID"
>> or the "BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9" are a non-starter, given NVIDIA's
>> general attitude towards open specs.
>>
>> Are the "ATI Radeon XPRESS 200" boards any better, from a driver point
>> of view?

The Tyan Tomcat k83 (s2865) with onboard ATI  graphics and
bcm5721 worked for me, as far as I tested it: vga only, no Xserver.

Notes:
1. You may have to disable "APIC mode" in the BIOS.

2. Single-core CPU only. I expect you'll have insurmountable problems
(lost interrupts, hangs requiring hard powercycle) if you try to use a
dual-core CPU with nForce4 and NetBSD.