Subject: Re: Thinkpad T42 Power Management
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/2006 21:17:56
On 2-Feb-06, at 8:43 PM, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Using FreeBSD 6.0 the problem is different: we comming from S3, the
> display doesn't seem to come back. But that's another story..

I have this problem on my Latitide D600. It's apparantly a bug in the
Dell firmware; video comes back if I suspend while docked..
otherwise, I'm toast.

I tried to work around this on NetBSD, and my app causes (IIRC) a
memory fault. The same app works fine before a suspend/resume cycle.
Need to investigate to see if our vm86 code survives an ACPI suspend/
resume, and if not, why.

Cheers,
Jared