Subject: Re: telnet, login, but no ipv6 stuff
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/2006 19:37:50
It occurred to me that Marc Coevoet wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.ports.i386:
> localhost:~ marc$ telnet -K  192.168.1.3
> Trying 192.168.1.3...
> Connected to 192.168.1.3.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> telnetd: Authorization failed.
> Connection closed by foreign host.

Apperently, it's still trying to use kerberos authentication. What kind of OS
are you using on the machine called 'localhost' ? (A terribly bad hostname, if
you ask me). Did you solve the issue about not being able to login on the
console?

> and yeah, sshd, what can I use the on the clients side to  -login- ???

An ssh client? They come in plenty of shapes. On *nix systems, try 'ssh'. On
Windows, try PuTTY. Google returns 5700000 hits for 'ssh client' - have fun.

> do the paranoia !

And what is that supposed to mean?

--
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333