Subject: Re: skiping memory segments that end past > 0x100000000ULL
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/2006 09:26:58
On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:06:12PM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> I guess you could try to reseat some memory, but your time might be
> better spent trying to help figuring out the NetBSD/amd64 problems
> you had :-)

Yeah, this is for testing only - I wanted to see if i386 works better on
the same hardware. I want this machine to run amd64, of course!

May I suggest to rephrace the warning message anyway? Now that you mentioned
the > 4 GB physical address it's pretty clear even to me ;-)

Martin
P.S.: besides the memory region skipping it crashes early in the install kernel;
backtrace is like (mapped manually via netbsd-INSTALL.symbols, so might
be slightly wrong):

uvm_map_enter()
uvm_kmapent_free()
uvm_mapent_alloc()