Subject: Re: 3.0 Very Slow?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/17/2006 21:11:33
	version=3.0.3
Sender: port-i386-owner@NetBSD.org

This machine will see no idle due to a program which runs niced to 20
and will eat any computation cycles with almost no idle.  This
program, which is similar to setiathome (but processing data for a
different radio telescope), was also running before, with no changes
in configuration, resource usage per data unit, etc.  And both of the
kernels had APM enabled as well.  Unfortunately, I have not
instrumented it to the point where I can tell whether it has slowed
down in processing...that is one of the things I had been meaning to
do, but had not yet had a chance to complete.

- Doug

Quoting Jonathan Stone (jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu):

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com