Subject: Re: Enable mouse to disable screen
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2006 10:18:48
>> [whom] can I throw money at to get wscons screenblanking working?
>> (how much money?)
> I don't know. I'd suggest throwing time at it instead, though...

I suspect that agrier is not much of a coder, in which case throwing
his(?) time at screenblank is not going to do much.

Despite the correctness of your point (upthread, which I cut) that
NetBSD is a volunteer project and thus in a sense it is "we" that do
things rather than "they", there often *is* a "they".  Whenever anyone
wants something but is not competent to do it "they" is the people who
*are* competent to do it.  (For example, I am not competent to
translate anything into Dutch; if for some reason I wanted a Dutch
version of a NetBSD document, I'd have to wait until "they" produced
one, possibly encouraging "them" with a bit of money.  Throwing my time
at it would not work; even if I got a translating dictionary and plowed
in, the result would be horrible Dutch.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign