Subject: Re: Enable mouse to disable screen
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2006 10:19:52
Well, having screen blank out without having the mouse to enable it is
getting annoying, and since pressing a key re-enables the screen, I thought
if it would be possible simulate pressing a key on a mouse event.  I found
the function wskbd_input() in wskbd(9).  I couldn't find any documentation
on how to fill the first parameter.  Upon investing the keyboard drivers,
I found that wskbd_input() is used an an interrupt handler, but if it can
be used as an interrupt handler, it can be used as function.  My plan is
to write a C program that would call wskbd_input() with the "Alt" key and
added to the action block on a left/right click in wsmouse.conf (having
the ability to do so on a mouse movement would be nice).
Would what I am suggesting work?  And if so, how do I populate the device
structure?

Thanks,
Yasir