Subject: Re: Enable mouse to disable screen
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2006 11:47:15
On Friday 06 January 2006 09:39, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:13:14AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > NetBSD is not produced by "them". It is produced by "us". If something
> > is bothering you, quit complaining and fix it. "They" aren't going to
> > fix it because "they" don't exist.

The problem is that those of "us" that possess the skills to provide a
solution are either not interested because it's not what they require, other
issues have higher priority or simply don't have the time to fix it. But it
is unreasonable to assume that those that experience difficulties, discovered
a bug or simply need extended functionalities have the skills to provide
their own solutions.

I have a whole list of things that either don't work,  are out of spec or
missing features all that are kernel related and not being a kernel hacker
are currently out of my scope of expertise.

Hence, I'm patiently waiting for "them" to come up with the goods eventually
meanwhile I switch to other operating system to enable me to take full
advantage of some applications.

E.g.,  GNU Radio USRP doesn't perform on NetBSD due to current design
limitations of the ugen device unable to provide the required data bandwidth
of 32MByte/s. I have to run GNU Radio on Linux everytime I want to experience
the awesome power of digitial signal processing until "they" fixed it on
NetBSD.

My 2 cents worth from a endusers point of view

cheerio Berndt