Subject: Re: TLB IPI rendezvous failed
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/2005 21:07:15
On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 06:25:10PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> A friend has a production system running 2.1, and it recently crashed
> with the above message.  Because it's a production system, we don't have DDB
> on it or anything.  It's a dual-xeon system (so it thinks it's a
> four-processor system).  Any suggestions?  The one patch I could think of (the
> 1.183-1.184 uninitialized variable fix) appears to already be in place on a
> stock 2.1 system.

I'm seeing these on occasions too, on various systems but all with the
same CPU/motherboard so I suspect hardware issue. My workaround is
a patch which retries the IPI if it failed (with a counter to not look up if
it repeteadly fails)

Sorry I can't get this patch before next week ... you should be able to
find it in one of my posts to tech-smp or port-i386 though.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>