Subject: Re: USB Flash drives
To: None <jeffw@pdxlug.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2005 20:01:49
In message <43a5f888.OcglZp0HA/Vpbzg0%jeffw@pdxlug.org>, jeffw@pdxlug.org write
s:
>Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 03:34:14PM -0500, Yasir Malik wrote:
>> > Has anybody has success with the different USB flash drives out there?
>> > to work.  I would appreciate it if somebody could point out some that work
>
>> > on NetBSD.
>>
>> Pretty much any umass device works.
>
>Here's one that doesn't:
>
>EMPREX 128MB USB Flash Drive
>
>I picked this up at Frys and kinda expected it to work since it says
>it's Linux compatible (which it is, at least on knoppix and ubuntu).
>On my laptop (Dell Latitude CPi A 366XT; NetBSD-1.6.2; GENERIC_LAPTOP)
>I get the following dmesg output:

Have you been able to try it on -current or any of the 3.0 candidates?
Given how much has been changed in the USB code since 1.6.2, I wouldn't
be at all surprised at a different outcome if you were to do so.  (Hmm
-- it appears that INSTALL kernels have the right code.  Try booting a
3.0 INSTALL cd, exit to the shell, insert the drive, and see what happens.)