Subject: Re: USB Flash drives
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2005 13:05:41
On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 09:39:48PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> > Has anybody has success with the different USB flash drives out there?
> > >From umass(4), I only see "Lexar Media JumpDrive Flash Disks" as "known"
> > to work.  I would appreciate it if somebody could point out some that work
> > on NetBSD.
>
> Pretty much any umass device works.

I have used a USB camera, a USB thumb drive, and a USB flash reader
successfully under NetBSD.

The other day I saw a USB thumb drive that would not work under NetBSD.
I took it to Windows, and it would not work there either.  I think it
required a proprietary driver.  *plonk*

I once tried using an Adaptec USBXchange with NetBSD, and it would not
work because it required a proprietary driver (aka, a binary firmware
loader).  http://dl.exactcode.de/adaptec-usbxchange/usbxchange-v4.patch
*plonk*

Ben