Subject: Can't Play Audio CDs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <jeffw@pdxlug.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/2005 18:58:56
I can't seem to play audio CDs on my laptop, a Dell latitude CPi
A 366XT with the Neomagic 256 sound chip. I'm running 1.6.2 with
a fairly standard kernel. I looked around in the list archives and
found a few references to post-1.5 problems with older CDROM drives
not working and work-arounds involving adding things to a "quirks
table", but nothing specific to my drive - a Toshiba XM-1902B (see
below).  The drive works fine otherwise and I have no problems
playing MP3s.  Maybe someone with some knowledge about these things
could suggest something?  Should I file a bug report on this?

Regards,
Jeff W.
Portland, OR

--
# dmesg | grep cd0
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1902B, , 1A15> type 5 cdrom

# cdplay -f /dev/rcd0d
cd0(pciide0:1:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x28 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00
    SENSE KEY:  Illegal Request
                Incorrect Length Indicator Set
     ASC/ASCQ:  Illegal Mode For This Track

cd0: dos partition I/O error