Subject: Re: ksh [was: Re: miniroot for NetBSD/i386?]
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/2005 10:21:13
In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0512112245050.1950@m24s24.vlinux.de>, Hubert Feyrer writes:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Igor Sobrado wrote:
> > Certainly, a standard and absolutely compatible ksh will be much
> > better.  But, sadly, it is not under the control of TNF.  I like
> > this shell, but certainly better compatibility with other ksh
> > implementations would improve it.  I fully agree with you.
>
> Actually I wouldn't mind if those "other" implementations would catch up
> with pdksh - it's mostly the (missing) tab completion on Solaris that
> keeps me from switching.

Indeed, but you can press <Esc> twice for completion:

$ ssh sismica0.geol.uniovi.es
sobrado@sismica0.geol.uniovi.es's password:
Last login: Mon Dec 12 10:03:28 2005 from altair.ciencias
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
$ set -o emacs
$ cat .pro<Esc><Esc>     -> $ cat .profile
[...]

Ok, it is not perfect but it works (at least for files, not for
commands in the user's path).  ;-)

Have a nice day!
Igor.