Subject: Re: Patches for i915 integrated graphics support
To: Michael Eriksson <Michael.Eriksson@ericsson.com>
From: Vit Herman <V.Herman@sh.cvut.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/2005 08:25:43
Michael Eriksson wrote:

> (To make the native 1400x1050 resolution work with any X server, I had
> to use the 855resolution pkgsrc package to patch the Video BIOS of the
> laptop, since it lacks an 1400x1050 entry. Nice work, HP...)

The same with my Dell Latitude X1, but some guy from X.org is working on
patches for their i810 driver - the version from his homepage didn't
work for me (two unresolved symbols) but then he sent me another version
which works with XFree86 on NetBSD, even though it's compiled for
X.org/Linux.

Anybody willing to sync those patches to XFree86?

Vit Herman