Subject: Re: miniroot for NetBSD/i386?
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/2005 23:01:52
In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0512102136380.1950@m24s24.vlinux.de>, Hubert Feyrer writes:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Igor Sobrado wrote:
> > No problem at all!  dd if=/dev/rand<tab> -> dd if=/dev/random ...  :-)
> > (pdksh 5.2.14... I am more accustomed to the Esc-Esc sequence yet
> > but as you asked about *tab* completion...)
>
> nice... doesn't work in stock tcsh.

I am really happy with ksh(1) in NetBSD.  I think that sh(1), ksh(1)
and csh(1) are all required shells.  I have a friend in the Department
of Mathematics that uses tcsh too.  IMHO, ksh(1) is a shell that
provides the nice features of bash(1) without its complex or incompatible
features.  It is powerful and, at same time, simple.

> Is the former article available somewhere online?

Indeed, it is available through the ACM Digital Library
(http://www.acm.org/dl) but only to members of the Association for
Computing Machinery.  If you (or someone else) want an article from
the ACM DL, do not hesitate in asking me for a copy.  I think that
copies for personal use are allowed by ACM copyright notice.