Subject: Re: Boot Manager
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/2005 22:33:38
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:16:58PM -0500, Kenneth Freidank wrote:
> However, I have yet to figure out how to read my C: drive from NetBSD.  Every
> reference I have found thus far about reading NTFS hard drives requires that
> the NTFS partition reside on the same physical drive as NetBSD, and I do not
> wish to experiment with trying to create a NetBSD partition on my C: drive.  My

I really doubt that it is necessary. What does "disklabel wd0" say?

A bigger problem is that NTFS support is read-only, so you'll be able to
transfer files from XP to NetBSD, but not vice versa. I think thre is a
FFS driver for XP that you could use for the opposite direction, or create
a FAT partition.

Pavel Cahyna