Subject: Re: dell optiplex gx520 fails to boot 2.1 cd
To: None <erik@plastic-idolatry.com, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd@gendalia.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/06/2005 10:59:38
In message <20051206164908.GA6265@cage.plastic-idolatry.com>, Erik Osheim writes:
>The new problem is that the USB keyboard isn't working. None of the
>keys did anything (a, b, RETURN, arrow keys, CTRL-n, etc.) and the
>caps-lock light, etc. didn't respond either. I tried an actual USB
>keyboard and a PS/2 keyboard with a USB adaptor. The machine doesn't
>have PS/2 on it, so USB is my only option (besides a serial console,
>but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to set one of those up).
>
>Is the installer expected to work with a USB keyboard? Should I be
>asking some other list about this (or reporting it as a bug)?

I've got a few Dells I've been having problems with, so I built an
ISO for 3.0_RC5 with some usb fixes pulled in.

ftp://ftp.iastate.edu/pub/NetBSD/iso-local/netbsd-i386-3.0_RC5+usbfixes.iso

This has these diffs applied:
cvs rdiff -r1.20.2.1 -r 1.23 src/sys/dev/usb/ehcireg.h
cvs rdiff -r 1.17 -r 1.21 src/sys/dev/pci/ehci_pci.c

This worked for us (at work) on Dell Dimension 8400 series and Dell
Optiplex GX620.

-Tracy