Subject: Re: dell optiplex gx520 fails to boot 2.1 cd
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Osheim <erik@plastic-idolatry.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/06/2005 11:49:08
Here is a status update on the dell box I am trying to install onto:

I burned the 3.0-RC5 ISO and tried that. It did not have the same
problem as before... I got past the wd0 line, the kernel booted and
the installer fired up.

The new problem is that the USB keyboard isn't working. None of the
keys did anything (a, b, RETURN, arrow keys, CTRL-n, etc.) and the
caps-lock light, etc. didn't respond either. I tried an actual USB
keyboard and a PS/2 keyboard with a USB adaptor. The machine doesn't
have PS/2 on it, so USB is my only option (besides a serial console,
but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to set one of those up).

Is the installer expected to work with a USB keyboard? Should I be
asking some other list about this (or reporting it as a bug)?

Thanks,

-- Erik