Subject: Re: dell optiplex gx520 fails to boot 2.1 cd
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: None <erik@plastic-idolatry.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/2005 14:46:53
On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 07:09:51PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> I believe that binaries and ISO are or are about to be available for
> 3.0, but I can make a CD image of a build from mid-October available for
> download if you need one, or perhaps today's version if I manage to get
> a build started before before I head out this evening.

I'll take a look at the FTP site for the ISO--if you get a build done
and want to send me a link to an ISO I would appreciate it.

I guess I could try netbooting; I am nervous because I haven't done it
before and also because it seems like the kernel itself is what's
hanging, so I think the problem might still occur unless I have a new kernel.

Another weird thing I noticed is that I'm booting a CD, but it is
detected as "fd0" (there is no floppy drive). Maybe the machine is too
weird (no floppy, no PS/2, one SATA disk, one ATAPI CD-ROM drive, USB
keyboard/mouse)? Or maybe this is a red herring...

Thanks,

-- Erik