Subject: RAID controllers
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Stephan Thesing <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/2005 21:41:37
Hello,

we are looking for a new server, which should have a RAID array (probably
with SATA disks, as the SCSI price tag is a little bit high) and run under
NetBSD.

Can anybody share his experience with RAID controllers/setups and/or give a
recommendation?

( Availability of a monitoring/control utility like those in
   pkgsrc/sysutils/dptutil or sysutils/storage-manager  would be nice, too:-)

BTW: What I2O controllers are actually known to work under NetBSD?

Thanks!

Best regards.....
 	Stephan

=  Tel.: +49-681-302-5571      = Saarland University         =
=  Fax.: +49-681-302-3065      = Postfach 15 11 50           =
=  Compiler Research Group     = 66041 Saarbruecken          =
=  FR 6.2 - Informatik         = GERMANY                     =