Subject: NetBSD-RELEASE-2.1 bugs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David <david.vyskocil@free.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/20/2005 01:06:37
Hi, all.

I've installed an i386/NetBSD-RELEASE-2.1 and it seem there's some bugs
inside.

1/ I booted it with the LAPTOP kernel install and all the distribution were
on a NTFS partition. When the installer tryed to extract the packages I got
many archive corruptions, I tryed by hand, idem. Then I transfered the
*same* files to a MSDOS partition and no problem occurs.

2/ Under /dev I did a ./MAKEDEV all and I got many errors :

/dev: create/symlink failed, no inodes free
/netbsd: uid 0, pid 1234, command mknod, on /dev:out of inodes
mknod: device: No space left on device

I see /dev is mounted on mfs (mfs:15 on /dev type mfs(synchonous, local))
and I don't know where I can allocate more room for it.

3/ When NetBSD boot it complain about "warning: no /dev/console" but the
/dev/console is still there and functional...

4/ There're some "generic" devices staying in place in /dev but all new one
created are lost on reboot, maybe du to mfs.

5/ I compiled a custom kernel with ACPI, it boot ok but the keyboard pckbc0,
detetected by ACPI is not working, but the system run. (by now I use ACPI
just for power/sleep button)

David.