Subject: Synaptics Driver and Multiple Pointing Devices
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/2005 16:40:30
On my Thinkpad T42 I have to disable the touchpad in the BIOS in
order to be able to use the Trackpoint; it appears I cannot use both
simultaneously. It seems as if this may be due to our synaptics driver not
supporting "passthrough" mode, as described here:

     http://www.ics.muni.cz/~ljocha/netbsd.html

I wonder if this is the same as the "multiplex" mode described here:

     http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=28990
     http://www.synaptics.com/decaf/utilities/ps2-mux.PDF

Can anyone confirm whether or not this Synaptics multiplex mode what
a T42 uses when both devices are enabled in the BIOS? And is anybody
working on something to enable this?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson        <cjs@cynic.net>         +81 90 7737 2974
   Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA