Subject: Re: ThinkPad T42/R52
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/15/2005 09:04:09
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, George Michaelson wrote:

> we have suffered 75% or worse failure rate in the R- series here. T's
> were rock solid. nicer build quality I'd say.

Wow, that's just put me off them, rather.

> I am an X30, very happy, if somewhat clunky.

The main issue there is that I need at least a 1280x1024 screen.

Is anybody using a newer 2600-series T42, as opposed to the 2300 series?
It looks to be rather faster, from the memory specs. Something like the
2668-4FJ looks right for me, but of course I worry about compatability
when the chipset changes.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson        <cjs@cynic.net>         +81 90 7737 2974
   Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA