Subject: Re: Skype on NetBSD
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/2005 16:54:44
> Also, I can't record and play audio at the same time with auich and
> emuxki, so I suppose you really can't use Skype.

I used Skype under NetBSD 2.0 with the OSS default-full-duplex
patch (enabled in sys/dev/audio.c r1.193); my sound card's driver
required a patch to enable full duplex.  I also had to ensure the
the mic preamp was turned on:

    mixerctl -w inputs.mic.preamp=on inputs.mic.mute=off

I haven't tried it since upgrading to NetBSD 3.0_BETA.  The Skype
client runs (using the shipped X11 distribution), but my only
contact is unavailable to test that the audio still works.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli