Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 on IBM BladeCenter
To: Bruno Carnazzi <bcarnazzi@gmail.com>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/2005 17:22:43
Back in the 1.5 days I remember having kernel panics if the KVM connected
USB keyboard was switched away from the machine.  I seem to recall it was
related to the console always needing to be present and having it on a USB
keyboard that could disappear was a problem.  My solution was to plug in a
PS/2 keyboard and leave it sitting back behind the rack.

Any chance the Blade's console (KVM switch setting) is changing during boot?

At 11:34 PM 10/17/2005 +0400, Bruno Carnazzi wrote:
>   Hi all,
>
>I've tried to install NetBSD on an IBM BladeCenter, on a HS20 Blade.
>The boot CD hangs on kernel loading at different stage, randomly. Will
>this hardware be supported ? It has an integrated KVM switch (for
>usb/floppy/keyboard/screen) that doesn't seems very "standard". Maybe
>the mess comes from here :)
>
>Best regards,
>
>Bruno.

"Unix is user friendly, it's just | Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it     | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                   | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
  - Unknown                        | mailto:steven_grunza@ieee.org