Subject: Hardware support
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bruno Carnazzi <bcarnazzi@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/2005 23:28:00
  Hi all,

I've been using NetBSD/i386 2.0.2 for a few month and I really love it
! Simplicity everywhere. The only last thing I can reproach is a small
lack of hardware support : I've got a Sitecom Fast Ethernet 10/100
Mbps PC Card adapter and it doesn't seem to work (with kernel.GENERIC
and kernel.LAPTOP). Does someone knows the chipset in it ? Someone
says Realtek 8139. The rtk driver should support this chipset but only
on PCI or Cardbus (what is the difference with PC Card (aka PCMCIA ?).
I though NetBSD's drivers were "buses" independant : Am I foolish ? Is
there a simple way to use the rtk driver on top of a pcmcia bus
without modifying the actual driver ?

Thank you,
Excuse my poor english,

Best Regards,