Subject: Re: recommended 939-board
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/2005 17:35:59
On Thu 13 Oct 2005 at 16:28:53 +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	To use the network interface on an ASUS A8V you need to get
> 	fixes which went in post 2.0, so get 2.1_RC or 3.0_BETA.

I use 2.0.2 and the network interface seems to work fine already.
(Asus A8V Deluxe).
(It works too with a similar board from Abit that has the same skc/sk0
interface).

> 	Likewise to use the additional ATA & SATA interfaces on a
> 	A8V Deluxe.

They do indeed not yet work with 2.0.2 (but the main VIA SATA interface
works, just not the Promise "RAID" one).

> 	Personally I'm very happy with the boards, just wish they had

Me too.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.