Subject: Re: Audio skipping/key repeats - NetBSD 2.x to 3.x
To: Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2005 19:34:48
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Martin S. Weber wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:32:38AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>> 	Upgraded a PIII 550 from NetBSD 2.x to 3.x and now mpg123
>> 	plays a fraction of a second of silence every few seconds. Has
>> 	anyone seen anything similar?
>>

> Yes, but only with an SMP kernel (search for "hiccup" on the mls),
> and I'm still seeing it. (-current from back then to now)

 	Hum.. UP kernel & machine this end. I've regressed it to
 	2.1_RC5 (and what a basket of fun that was), and its now
 	usable again. When I get a chance I'll try a current kernel
 	to confirm its just a kernel issue. After that...

 	I _may_ end up cvs updating to arbitrary dates between now
 	and 2.0 to see if I can catch when it started, but that is
 	going to be even more fun.

 	What audio driver do you have - this machine has an eap.
 	I'm wondering if some audio drivers are more susceptible to
 	the effects of this...