Subject: Audio skipping/key repeats - NetBSD 2.x to 3.x
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2005 11:32:38
 	Upgraded a PIII 550 from NetBSD 2.x to 3.x and now mpg123
 	plays a fraction of a second of silence every few seconds. Has
 	anyone seen anything similar?

 	I'm using:

eap0 at pci1 dev 7 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 ES1373-B (rev. 0x06)
eap0: interrupting at irq 3
eap0: ac97: Crystal CS4297 codec; headphone, 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, no 3D
stereo
audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent

 	There has been no change in interrupt assignment or similar
 	between the kernels, and turning buffering in mpg123 on or
 	off has no effect. I normally use an ACPI kernel, but the
 	problem still shows up under GENERIC. The problem is bad
 	enough to make

 	Interestingly on my laptop which was upgraded around the
 	same time I'm sometimes seeing duplicated keys when
 	typing into xterms. Could tentatively be related.

--
 			   David Brownlee -- abs@absd.org