Subject: apm issue with my Thinkpad...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/2005 20:43:15
I know that many people -- including me! -- think that in general,
Thinkpads work well with NetBSD.  But there's a problem with the APM
support that I've run into a few times, and I was wondering if anyone
had any fixes.

If the machine is on battery and left running unattended, the screen
blanks.  Usually, I can't get it to turn back on again, except by
suspend/resume -- and sometimes (like just now) the suspend doesn't
work.  From that, I suspect that there's an APM event being sent to the
kernel, and it isn't being handled properly.  Has anyone else seen
this?  Any fixes or bypasses?