Subject: Re: progress wrt. unattended installs ?
To: Peter <plp@actcom.co.il>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/2005 22:48:33
Peter <plp@actcom.co.il> writes:
> is there any progress with $SUBJ ? There are some links in search
> engines, which I have perused, but there seems to be no solution.
>
> Alternately, is there a step by step installation procedure, that does
> not use sysinst ?

Installation of netbsd is inherently pretty easy. All you have to do
is set up the disk, untar the sets and do a wee bit of cleanup (like
MAKEDEV). Sysinst does nothing that a fairly short shell script can't
do. Sysinst is just a fairly simple program -- the only magic involved
is booting a kernel that uses a ramdisk filesystem that is
pre-embedded inside, and you can reuse all that work, replacing only
sysinst. If you want to build an unattended install system it won't
take you very long at all.

Perry