Subject: NetBSD 2.0.2 ISA NIC support
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/2005 12:54:27
Dear kernel developers,

I am trying to get to run NetBSD 2.0.2 on an old ISA only 486 with. The
PC has the following ISA NICs installed:

1. 3COM Etherlink III (IO=0x280, IRQ=10)
2. Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/+ FCC ID EJMNO-EPXISA2W, S82595FX chip
(IO=0x300, IRQ=11)
3. ICL/Fujitsu onboard NIC (IO=0x240, IRQ=15)

The is only a single IDE controller.

Only #1 is correctly recognized.
I built a custom kernel with the iy driver, but it did not recognize #2.
I also included the ate and the fmv drivers, but they did not recognize
#3 either.
I understand that #3 is probably not supported, but #2 should be by the
iy driver, shouldn't it?

Linux on the same box uses its eepro driver for #2 and its eth16i driver
for #3 to correctly recognize the NICs.
Any suggestion what I could do ro make NetBSD recognize #2 and maybe
even #3?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de     +49 178 8545053